Couch to 5K
Feeling great at your own pace
Couch to 5K will have you feeling great, one step at a time!
New to running? Then the One You #Couchto5k app could be for you!
Designed for beginners, the fun and motivating app gradually builds you up to running 5K in just 9 weeks.
No membership needed just running at your own pace!
One You Couch to 5K is a programme that’s easy to follow and perfect for those who are new to running and need some extra support and motivation along the way.
The app features a choice of 5 great trainers to support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk. Between broadcaster and former Olympian Michael Johnson, comedians Sarah Millican and Sanjeev Kohli, BBC presenter Jo Whiley, and podcaster Laura, they’ve now helped over 3 million people like you start their own running journeys.
The app has also been updated to include the latest advice on social distancing.
Join the country’s biggest virtual running
One You Couch to 5K features:
- A flexible programme that can be completed in as little as 9 weeks
- Easy to follow countdown timer so you can see and hear how long you’ve got left of each run
- Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and motivations from your chosen trainer
- Signals a half time bell, so you know when to head home
- Lets you track your progress and awards achievements as you move through the runs
- Lets you rate how you feel before and after each session to help acknowledge the immediate benefits of doing some physical activity
Couch to 5k app
The One You Couch to 5K app is a 9 week running programme that can encourage even complete beginners to become more active, by making it easy and fun. Starting by running for just a minute at a time, the programme sets realistic expectations and makes the challenge feel achievable from the start.