We've got lots of great ideas on how you can keep active wherever you are
Free one-to-one support from local health advisor
Available 5 days a week, 9am – 5pm
020 8973 3530
Starting small and making simple changes can really help boost your mood and raise your activity levels. It’s important to be physically active every day, and what you choose to do will depend on your own personal circumstance. Being active is ultimately about finding an activity that works for you! Our top tips…
- Choose activities you enjoy – this can really help you keep up the new healthier routine.
- Set simple goals and make a plan – moving more with friends and family, can also help to make things more fun.
- Start slowly and build up – listen to your body, you may need to do a warm up for some activities. Only do what feels comfortable, particularly if you have a health condition.
- Enjoy the outdoors – getting outside can help reduce anxiety.
- Wear comfortable clothes & always stay hydrated
Active 10 quickly and simply shows you how many brisk 10 minute walks you’re doing and how to fit more into your day. Download it today to see how many Active 10s you’ve done.
Couch to 5K
The Couch to 5K app has been designed to get you off the couch and running in just 9 weeks. Grab your trainers, download the app and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Earn points for your physical activity which you can convert to high street vouchers or donate to charity!