Stress can come from many different sources and we all experience a certain amount of stress in life. Sometimes stress can cause you to take action to make a positive change, but prolonged high levels of stress can be harmful to health.
There are many different possible causes of stress, but some of the most common are:
- finance issues e.g. losing your income or being in debt
- relationship difficulties
- big changes such as moving house or becoming pregnant
- problems with housing, maintenance issues where we live
- difficult working environment
- health concerns you may have about you or those close to you
- long term mental health conditions
The above are just some examples of what might be causing us to feel stressed. It could just be there are many different things on our mind and we feel like it’s all getting to much to cope with.
Here are some tools that can be used to investigate why you are feeling stressed and what action you can take to try and overcome the stress you feel.
If you feel like your feelings of stress are becoming too much for you to cope on your own further support is available.