Beetroot pancakes – An alternative pancake recipe using beetroot which provides a great colour and is also a nutritious way to get kids eating vegetables. Why not try whipping up these colourful nourishing pancakes.
Ingredients – Serves 6-8, This recipe is suitable for vegans and vegetarians –
– 1 cup self-raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 cup dairy or non-dairy milk-oat milk has been used in this recipe
– 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
– ½ cup of well-cooked beetroot roughly chopped/grated
– Use spinach or sweet potato as a filling to add into the batter
– Add chopped bananas and yoghurt as a topping
– Add a poached egg as a topping for a savoury version
Find lots of other great recipes on our Recipes page!
Learn about ‘The Eatwell Guide’ on the NHS website