These bars are a great recipe for children and certainly filling. Packed with oats and contain no added sugar. This recipe uses dried fruit to sweeten the bars and is very easily adaptable. These bars can be eaten as a snack and for breakfast.
2 cups of oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup almonds
1 cup hazelnuts
½ cup apricots
1 cup of dates
½-3/4 cup peanut butter
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 4, 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl soak the dates in hot water for 10-15 minutes until soft, add the banana and peanut butter and blend using a hand blender/processor or mix until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the date mixture and stir.
- Grease a square baking tin, add the flapjack mixture and flatten onto tray.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden.
Drizzle with melted dark chocolate once bars are out of the oven
Add any dried fruits and nuts
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist)
Farhanda Shah (dietitian)