This recipe is by a gentleman who won our competition at the end of the 4 week cook and eat course. He produced a healthy recipe using healthy cooking methods – boiling and roasting.
Ingredients – serves 5
Roast lamb joint
15 baking potatoes
1 large broccoli
1 bag of spring greens
1 sprig of thyme
Fry light spray
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 6 or 200 degrees (180 degrees for fan oven)
- Peel and prep roast potatoes and par boil for 15 minutes
- Peel and prep the other veg
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting tin and spray with fry light, season with salt, pepper and thyme. Place in the oven on gas mark 6 for 2 hrs.
- Put the roast potatoes on the upper baking shelf for 1 hr, turning over after 30 minutes.
- Start to cook the vegetables when the meat is almost done. The carrots, leeks, broccoli and spring greens will take 10-15 minutes and the swede 25 minutes all in boiling water.
Recipe by Derek Sutton