This recipe is a quick and health snack that uses a healthier cooking method of baking and less saturated fat. These fritters are a great way to get children to eat more vegetables.
1 large carrot grated
1 large courgette grated
1 large sweet potato grated
1 bunch of spring onions
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp madras curry powder
2 Handfuls of chopped coriander
1 tsp of chilli powder – optional
1 egg beaten
½ cup plain flour
1 cup of natural yoghurt
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to gas mark 7, 200 degrees, lightly grease a baking tray with oil.
- Squeeze out excess water from grated vegetables then add all vegetables in a bowl, along with spring onions and 1 handful of coriander. Season with paprika, curry powder, chilli, salt and pepper and mix well. Add egg and flour and mix until mixture is combined.
- Using your hands mould the mixture into round patties and place on baking tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Using a blender whiz the yoghurt and handful of coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fritters with yoghurt dip.
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist)