This recipe serves 4, its all plant based and the base is gluten free. This pizza is a tasty way of squeezing those veggies in to meet your 5aday. Ideal for pizza addicts, but healthier, quick and easy to make.
3.5 cups of chickpea flour sifted
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 large courgette peeled into ribbons
Handful of asparagus peeled into ribbons
4 spring onions chopped
1-2 handfuls of pitted green olives
4 tbs of pine nuts for garnish
1 lemon juiced
2 cloves of garlic
Bunch of basil chopped
½ cup of pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees celsius gas mark 9. Using a whisk mix the chickpea flour with the 1L of water, salt, pepper and dried herbs, until there are no lumps and the mixture is a thick, runny consistency. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the mixture onto a greased baking tray and flatten out. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until pizza base is partially set.
- Meanwhile in food processor blend all the pesto sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Once pizza base is cooked spread the pesto sauce onto the base and scatter the asparagus, courgettes, spring onions, olives and grill in the oven for 5 minutes ensuring the toppings do not burn.
- Garnish pizza with pine nuts
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist)
Farhanda Shah (dietitian)