Pasta is a great dish to include a variety of vegetables. This recipe uses wholemeal pasta which is higher in fibre and keeps you fuller for longer. It is simple, easy, and quick and can be used for leftover lunch.
Ingredients – serves 2
4 cups of wholemeal pasta
1 large savoy cabbage shredded
4 cloves of garlic chopped
4 small shallot onions chopped
1 lemon juiced
1-2 tbs rapeseed oil
- Simmer the pasta in a large pan of boiling water for about 10-12 minutes until soft.
- Drain the pasta and set aside, keep 1 cup of the drained pasta water aside
- Add the oil into the pan, fry the garlic and onions until softened, add the savoy cabbage and mix on a medium heat until wilted.
- Finally add the pasta, along with the lemon juice and remaining drained pasta water, season with salt and pepper and toss until combined.
– Use any kind of vegetables-can be frozen
– Add a tin of chickpeas or tuna for protein
– Add some grated cheese on top for extra flavour
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist)
Farhanda Shah (dietitian)