These energy balls are a great snack made from dried fruits and nuts. They contain no added sugar and perfect if you are trying to reduce your sugar intake. Quick, easy and involves no cooking just blending.
1 cup of chopped dates
1 cup of figs
1 cup of whole almonds
1 cup of hazelnuts
1 tbs of smooth peanut butter
1 tbs of cocoa powder
Freeze dried raspberries or strawberries
- In a food processor, combine all the dry and wet ingredients and simply blitz to desired consistency. Add extra peanut butter or dash of water if mixture does not stick together.
- Shape mixture into small round balls
- Coat energy balls with your choice of dusting
- Set in the fridge for 15-30 minutes
– Use any dried fruits and nuts
– Use sunflower and pumpkin seeds
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist)
Farhanda Shah (dietitian)