This recipe serves 3, an easy healthier pudding/dessert incorporating fresh apples and raspberries. This recipe is lower in fat, higher in fibre and is a good way to get your 5ADAY. This crumble can also be eaten for breakfast and quick and simple to make.
3 round short glasses
4 bramley apples with skin on cut into cubes
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbs oats
3 tbs toasted flaked almonds for garnish
3 tbs whole almonds roughly chopped
2 tbs honey
3 tbs low fat greek yogurt
3 tbs fresh raspberries
- In a pan add the apples, cinnamon and ½-1 cup of water, cook on medium heat and stew apples until soft. Add honey, gently mix and set aside.
- For the compote in a pan add fresh raspberries and cook on a medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until thick consistency. Do not overcook raspberries.
- For the crumble topping using a frying pan lightly toast the oats and chopped almonds on a low heat until slightly browned.
To assemble apple crumble for each glass:
Add 1 tbs of apple mixture, followed by 1 tbs of raspberry compote, 1 tbs of yoghurt, 1 tbs crumble and 1 tbs of flaked almonds to garnish
– Can use dried fruits such as dates and sultanas for sweetness
– Can use other fruit such as pears, red apples, plums, peaches
Gopika Papiah (nutritionist) & Farhanda Shah (dietitian)