This recipe serves 2, is under 30 minutes, simple and healthy. Salmon is a good source of omega 3 served along with steamed broccoli, boiled potatoes and a parsley sauce. Healthier methods of cooking have been used here i.e. steaming, boiling and baking.
2 salmon fillets
2 shallots thinly sliced
1 lemon juiced
1 red pepper diced
2 handfuls of baby potatoes with skin on
2 handfuls of broccoli stems
Salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs to taste
1 tbs plain flour
1 tbs olive based spread
2 teacups of semi skimmed milk/use more if required
Handful of chopped parsley
Pre heat oven to 200 degrees/gas mark 6
- Garnish salmon on top with sliced onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Parcel salmon in foil, place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked
- Garnish salmon with red pepper once served
- Boil potatoes in a pan of water until cooked through
- Drain and set aside
- To garnish sprinkle potatoes with dried mixed herbs
Steam broccoli until tender
- In a pan melt olive spread, add flour and stir continuously until paste formed.
- Add milk and stir until thickened on a low to medium heat.
- Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper. Add cornflour to thicken if required.