Self Care Week is an annual national awareness week that focuses on support for self care across communities, families and generations. One You Hounslow is supporting Self Care Week 2017 which this year runs from Monday 13th to Sunday 19th November and the theme this year is Embracing Self Care for Life. One You Hounslow wants to help engage and empower people to look after their own health as much as possible and to support everyone in being healthy throughout their whole life.
Having an understanding of the services and tools that are available to you can help you to self care for the important people in your life. The Self Care Forum that runs the Self Care Week campaign aims to encourage everyone to make self care a lifelong habit.
Useful tips for self care:
– Be mindful of yourself, health and happiness this winter – it’s easy to wear yourself out so make sure you take time for you
– Stay healthy in body and soul by eating well and being active
– Your local pharmacist is the health professional on the High Street –they can help with advice on self care for life
– Check your health conditions and know what to do next: http://bit.ly/1X0CVwh
– For tips on living well NHS Choices can help: http://bit.ly/1pKzd7e
– NHS Choices also has advice on long term conditions: http://bit.ly/1oiB7eo
In terms of keeping well remember the importance of physical activity and that it is key to long term physical health and mental wellbeing. Why not download one of our FREE apps to help you Move More.
If you would like to contact a health advisor about what you can do look after yourself better then call One You Hounslow on 020 8973 3530 or e-mail email@example.com